Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thunder Bay, Ontario, day 4

I was down for a day and a half with the vertigo again. By yesterday afternoon, I felt much better and was very happy as our friends from Arizona had arrived and Lois and Jim was having everyone over for dinner. Patsy and Lumpy went on a man tour during the day. Wendy went to a bridge class and Bev had offered to take me around. I had to decline to get better.
When we were in Arizona, I had made plans to come to Thunder Bay to visits our friends. At a gathering shortly after, Judy and Ann told me that their were coming to Maine in September. I couldn't believe as I would not be there. I told them of my plans to be in Thunder Bay and we talked about meeting up in Thunder Bay. They adjusted their schedule and here we are - all the Arizona friends. Thanks, Lois and Jim, for a wonderful evening.

The following are pictures at Lois and Jim's:

a view from the back deck, we see Judy and Bob Haynes and Ann and Wayne Moore's 5th wheels parked in the back yard abutting the river in the rear. Can they ever maneuver those vehicles as the driveway was winding and very narrow. That was 80' of vehicle! Sitting are Bob Haynes and Lumpy just chatting away

The women were given a tour of the 5th wheels and are commenting on how homey they are.

Jim Blundon, our host, happy with such a beautiful day for the gathering
 
at the dinner table left to right are: Patsy, Mike Black, Maryanne Black, Lumpy Haworth, Wayne Moore-from Arizona, Bev Elvin, Bob Haynes - from Arizona, Jim Blundon - our host, Bob Elvin, Linda Bradford - Lois' neighbor, Judy Haynes - from Arizona and taking a picture, Ann Moore - from Arizona and Wendy Haworth

as usual, the hostess, Lois Blundon, is always the last to sit

It's cleanup time from the main course and all the ladies are at the sink. Jim is to the side getting cordials for the guests
 

No comments:

Post a Comment