Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pembroke, Ontario, Canada

We travelled through miles of farm fields and woods to get here - the only city we passed through was Ottawa, the capital of Ontario. It was easy driving all the way. As we passed Ottawa. I notice a huge castle from the highway. I didn't know what it was and was afraid to stop as I didn't want to get stuck in dinnertime traffic as we did yesterday. I looked it up on the internet a & found out that it was the Fairmont Hotel.
From Ottawa on the highway was a one lane road with a passing lane every so often.
 We arrived in Pembroke, which is 7 miles off the highway, and surrounded by farmland. Driving in I thought that it would be a one horse town, but much to my surprise, it was quaint and quite beautiful. We checked into the hotel and took a ride down Main St. which reminded me of a town of the past. Many of the buildings had beautiful murals painted on them.
The Ottawa River divides the border of Onatrio and Quebec and Pembroke is situated on it. We went to a beautiful park on the water called Millenium Park. I have pictures of it and when you are looking at them the other side of the river is Quebec.

the entrance to Millenium Park on Pembroke, Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment