Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our 40th Anniversary 2011



I have hives today so I am staying low, which gives me a chance to catch up on my blog. I know that I have not posted anything in 2 weeks; not only that, I have nott ben good about taking my camera with me. In fact these photos are ones that my friend, Marilyn took at our party. Thanks for helping me out!
The above two ladies are my very best friends, Wendy, on the right, and Bev, on the left. They organized the festivities and prepared the meal for our special day. We had wonderful appetizers & drinks as we socialized. For dinner Wendy & Bev prepared a heavenly chicken cooked in a wine sauce ( could cut it with a fork), rice, green beans & asparagus.


Patsy is telling everyone at the table on of his famous stories. As you can see, everyone is getting a good laugh.

Wendy & I went to Mexico earlier in the week. Much to our surprise as we were having lunch in the Cantina, they have a Birthday celebration, somewhat similar to ours although I would never want to experience it. Wendy is mimicking what the do to the birhday person. The grab pans & bang them very loudly around the person's ears. As you can see that Bob is not enjoying the banging of just one pan.

Next part of the Birthday celebration in Mexico is giving the birthady person a shot of Tequilla. They put the shot up to his lip, force it down his throat & cover his mouth with a napkin so he can't sip it out. We were in awe at this!!! You have got to see it to believe it.

Our cake with the real whipped cream froasting - light & delicious!

Bob & Nancy Polhill, friends from Thunder Bay.

Al & Marilyn Brewer, friends from Lake Havasu

Wendy & Lumpy Haworth, friends from Thunder Bay

Bev & Bob Elvin, friends from Thunder Bay

Can you guess who? That's right, the anniversary couple, Patsy & Gaye from Portland, ME

Trying to outdo the Anniversary Couple, but alas they chickened out! All the couple did kiss goodnight. It was very touching.

Wendy & Bev presenting me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. In the past 4 years, we have not been with our family at this time. This was truly a wonderful anniversary. Thanks to all our friends. We are very lucky to have all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment