Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Franklin, TN

 
On our way from Kristy's we stopped at Metropolis, Ill to visit. Below is the statue of Superman, which was located in the town square
 


Here we are in Franklin. Sis and I are downtown going to a Farmer's Market and into the shops which are located in the rehabbed mill behind while Patsy, Greg and Nate are off golfing for the day. There are all sorts of artisans selling their wares. This is the product of one of the artisans, who uses scraps of old metal. I did buy a couple of paintings that I liked. I didn't take many pictures during this segment of the trip, but looking back wish I had. I guess I was too busy talking.
On our way to Cincinnati, we drove over to Fort Knox to see the depository, which was really out of the way. We had to take some back roads to get there. As I drove through the gait, I asked the guard where the depository was. He had no clue and said that if we pulled into the parking area, he would send out someone who could give us directions. He said that we had just passed it and that we couldn't go up to it or take pictures of it. He said give it a try but they might stop you. We turned around and I slowed down for Patsy to take a picture. It was rained buckets so this is the best it gets.

Further on our journey we stopped in Louisville to get bats for our grandchildren, Pasquale and Maddalena. We had them made for them and they even engraved their names on the bats.


No comments:

Post a Comment